Friday, January 14, 2022

I live in the Everglades now

I moved to the Florida Everglades in December 2021!  It is perhaps the closest thing there is to a real Jurassic Park, with its abundance of big reptiles and birds, and conifers and palms.  In my district, Shark Valley, there are zero sharks, at least two crocodiles, and more alligators than I can count.  I am a sailor on horseback in this subtropical climate and miss huddling by the fire against the chill of winter.

Photos #1-2 of this post: ©Ross Wood Studlar.  Photos #3-10: NPS / Ross Wood Studlar

 

I drove to the Everglades from the west side through Big Cypress National Preserve and met my first alligator in Florida outside the Oasis Visitor Center.  



After an arduous move out of New Mexico and cross-country trek and before the arduous task of getting moved in to South Florida, I stopped at the entrance sign.


I got introduced to the Everglades wildlife ….

 









No comments:

Post a Comment